Searching and Archiving
Searching and archiving is critical to many newsrooms. The ability to rapidly find and reuse material makes a major difference to broadcast content and NewsBoss provides unrivalled search, archive and retrieval tools. Forget time consuming manual archiving - NewsBoss does it all automatically and turns your own newscasts into a news resource that can be searched and retrieved in seconds.
Search Active Content:
- Full indexing makes NewsBoss searches exceptionally fast - no delays waiting for results.
- Search thousands of Wire stories for matching phrases in seconds.
- Every match is listed and every occurrence is highlighted to make sorting results fast.
- Boolean phrases work in the search field.
Search All Queues at Once:
- Search all active areas in one fast comprehensive search.
- Include casts, stories, Wires, RSS feeds and tweets in a single search.
- Results are sorted by location and time, making them instantly useful and meaningful.
- Narrow searches by date range, writer, source and other parameters as required.
- Unmatched search power, speed and simplicity with no computer delays or hang ups.
Search the Archive:
- Casts are set to archive automatically with no user intervention.
- Choose to include audio (saved as .mp3) or not in the automatic archive.
- Instantly search the archive from the NewsBoss interface.
- Boolean phrases, date ranges and other parameters narrow results quickly.
- Every matching item is listed and highlighted instantly.
- Play the audio immediately from the archive.
- One button retrieve function brings archive items back for re-use and repurposing.