The latest release version of NewsBoss is V6.7.r23.15, released in September 2021.
Important enhancements incorporated in our most recent releases include:
- Media Libraries can now be organised in Media Library Sets for easier access and management.
- Updated icons in toolbars and user interface.
- Much faster and easier AutoRecorder configuration.
- Much faster loading of queues, Prompter and Contacts/Organisaitons, esp over WAN for FairCom Server NewsBoss systems.
- Filters added to transmit and receive content in Avid NSML format with INEWS systems.
- Further improvements to the NewsBoss Web Interface, including support for https connections.
- Enhancements to Predefined Audio Event Feature.
- Support for .bwf audio files.
- Enhancements to License Server and IPC Server.
- New options for managing stories shared between multiple locations.
- Support for SFTP and FTPS Receivers.
- Enhanced Archive Repair Tool to exponentially accelerate Archive searches.
- Rundowns archive once daily at a set time.
- Wires resizes and shows expanded message history.
- Quick automatic release for locked rundowns.
- Enhancements to several RSS and Wire Receivers.
- Ability to quickly sort and kill unwanted sessions on other client PCs.
- Enhanced drag and drop of media asset files.
- Enhanced heartbeat monitoring of remote connections.
- Enhanced NewsBoss Web Interface now compatible with mobile devices.
- Email ingested natively as HTML with enhanced media asset handling.
- Pre-configured audio events can be saved direct to Automation (if activated).
- 2D Graphics enabled in the audio editor for more fluid graphics.
- Duration of audio selections and segments more prominent in the audio editor.
- Duration of audio cuts shown in the audio save dialogue.
- Duration of audio cuts can be displayed in all Story Lists.
- Automatically purge audio from libraries after chosen times (if configured).
- Ability to ingest content from the QGoLive field reporting app.
- Queues can be configured to export as RSS.
- Rip audio from videos.
- Ability to pre-record newscasts in NewsBoss Prompter.
- Optional automatic and manual countdown timers in Prompter.
- Support for Reuters RSS data delivery.
Enhancements for FairCom V11 clients and email memory management.
- Multitrack Sessions can now be saved and reopened.
- Multitrack sessions now have undo/redo.
- Direct drag and drop of selections from single track to Multitrack editor.
- Single track editor can now split stereo channels to deal with L or R channel independently.
- Enhanced selection of edit markers in new-look single track audio editor.
- AP filter now supports new AP WebFeeds audio download which replaces AP PrimeServer.
- Updated integration with DAVID automation systems.
- Incoming email accounts can ingest images and videos in independent media libraries.
- Support for new Associated Press audio delivery via the AP WebFeeds Agent.
- Twitter support for 280 character tweets.
- Enhanced Queue Tabs enable users to create multiple tab sets for different purposes or dayparts and load instantly.
- Wheatstone GPIO support enables audio players and QuickStarts to be triggered by Wheatstone SLIO.
- Automation Output - Prompter QuickStarts can now trigger Wheatstone or Axia output pins.
- Axia GPIO and Wheatstone SLIO support for NewsBoss AutoRecorder.
- New DocImport receiver ingests .txt, .doc and .docx files from any accessible Windows folder.
- New fully integrated Chromium core web browser.
- Ad blocking, popup blocking, image blocking and phishing/malware blocking.
- Address bar acts as search bar.
- Save images and audio direct from web pages to NewsBoss Media Libraries.
- Media preview thumbnails for visual media.
- Enhanced layout persistence for resizable dialogues between sessions.
- New menu icons for enhanced command recognition.
- New Tab (+) icon instantly adds a new story, new web browser or new tweet page.
- AutoClip from Scratchpad.
- Configurable MP2 bitrate and joint stereo settings.
- Supports Audio, Images and Video in enhanced Media Asset Libraries.
- Enhanced indexing and searching including slugs, headlines and bylines.
- Third audio channel added to support complex formatics.
- Better audio integration with third party radio automation systems.
- Export of pictures in stories to websites and other locations.
- Automatically transmit newscasts to remote locations including full script and all audio cuts.
- The new End of Cast line allows standby items to sit in cast queues without affecting duration.
- Prompter now alerts anchors if the on-screen story is updated while live on air.
- Enhanced single track audio editor includes volume envelope for dynamic visual level cut, boost and fade.
- Waveforms dynamically change as levels are adjusted in single track and multitrack.
- Drag and drop highlighted selections or segments from the audio editor directly into stories to create new audio cuts faster.
- Scratch Pad is an auto-saving personal text window to hold text, audio links and hyperlinks to accelerate workflow.
- Audio linked to stories can be automatically archived in high quality mp3 format.
- Digital clock added to Prompter.