The latest release version of NewsBoss is V6.2.r7.14, released in August 2017.
Important enhancements incorporated in our most recent releases include:
- Enhanced Queue Tabs enable users to create multiple tab sets for different purposes or dayparts and load instantly.
- Wheatstone GPIO support enables audio players and QuickStarts to be triggered by Wheatstone SLIO.
- Automation Output - Prompter QuickStarts can now trigger Wheatstone or Axia output pins.
- Axia GPIO and Wheatstone SLIO support for NewsBoss AutoRecorder.
- New DocImport receiver ingests .txt, .doc and .docx files from any accessible Windows folder.
- New fully integrated Chromium core web browser.
- Ad blocking, popup blocking, image blocking and phishing/malware blocking.
- Address bar acts as search bar.
- Save images and audio direct from web pages to NewsBoss Media Libraries.
- Media preview thumbnails for visual media.
- Enhanced layout persistence for resizable dialogues between sessions.
- New menu icons for enhanced command recognition.
- New Tab (+) icon instantly adds a new story, new web browser or new tweet page.
- AutoClip from Scratchpad.
- Configurable MP2 bitrate and joint stereo settings.
- Supports Audio, Images and Video in enhanced Media Asset Libraries.
- Enhanced indexing and searching including slugs, headlines and bylines.
- Third audio channel added to support complex formatics.
- Better audio integration with third party radio automation systems.
- Export of pictures in stories to websites and other locations.
- Automatically transmit newscasts to remote locations including full script and all audio cuts.
- The new End of Cast line allows standby items to sit in cast queues without affecting duration.
- Prompter now alerts anchors if the on-screen story is updated while live on air.
- Enhanced single track audio editor includes volume envelope for dynamic visual level cut, boost and fade.
- Waveforms dynamically change as levels are adjusted in single track and multitrack.
- Drag and drop highlighted selections or segments from the audio editor directly into stories to create new audio cuts faster.
- Scratch Pad is an auto-saving personal text window to hold text, audio links and hyperlinks to accelerate workflow.
- Audio linked to stories can be automatically archived in high quality mp3 format.
- Digital clock added to Prompter.