The latest release version of NewsBoss is V5.13e.8, released in January 2017.
Important enhancements incorporated in our most recent releases include:
- Supports Audio, Images and Video in enhanced Media Asset Libraries.
- New fully integrated high performance web browser.
- Enhanced indexing and searching including slugs, headlines and bylines.
- Third audio channel added to support complex formatics.
- Better audio integration with third party radio automation systems.
- Export of pictures in stories to websites and other locations.
- Automatically transmit newscasts to remote locations including full script and all audio cuts.
- The new End of Cast line allows standby items to sit in cast queues without affecting duration.
- Prompter now alerts anchors if the on-screen story is updated while live on air.
- Enhanced single track audio editor includes volume envelope for dynamic visual level cut, boost and fade.
- Waveforms dynamically change as levels are adjusted in single track and multitrack.
- Drag and drop highlighted selections or segments from the audio editor directly into stories to create new audio cuts faster.
- Scratch Pad is an auto-saving personal text window to hold text, audio links and hyperlinks to accelerate workflow.
- Audio linked to stories can be automatically archived in high quality mp3 format.
- Digital clock added to Prompter.